The Point publishes original articles, interviews, reviews, poems, photos and illustrations. Our current issue is here: https://aasfmarin.org/the-point-current-issue
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to write about one of the topics below—or anything else you’d like to communicate to the fellowship.
Story Suggestions: A.A. Aphorisms
- Long term sobriety: Issues become beliefs.
- A.A. has no side effects.
- I’ve stuck around long enough to realize that things are not flukes.
- My bottom was I just didn’t want to be.
- Any other saying you like …
Step, Tradition or Concept of the Month
What is your experience with the concepts and traditions? We would love to hear it!
Deadline is the 22nd of the month preceding the issue. Articles are 600 words. Email article to: email@example.com
The Point welcomes stories carrying the message of experience, strength and hope. We evaluate articles in light of the traditions and edit for clarity and length. We encourage writers to express their experience in their own way.
The Point does not pay for articles. We may reprint material without requesting additional permissions, but will always include author bylines. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Listing Guidelines
- The event is sponsored by an A.A. Group, Conference, or Service Entity.
- The event participation is in harmony with the spirit of the Twelve Traditions, including
- The event does not directly support an outside entity
- The event posts no commercial advertising on the flyer.
revised August 2016
Meet the Committee
Our committee meets @ 12:30 p.m. on the second Saturday of the month in Central Office, 1821 Sacramento Street, San Francisco. If an article is not run in this issue, we will save it in our bank for future use. We greatly appreciate your service.
Include a title and a byline with author first name + last initial.
Specific, concrete and anecdotal
- Describe your story so readers can picture it.
- Send a Word document with a single-spaced, 12-point font.
- Abbreviate A.A. with periods.
- Always run spell check. Avoid columns, headers or footers.