On July 16th, Intergroup hosted its second Town Hall. The main topics discussed were liability regarding potential return to in-person meetings, and what “hybrid” meetings might look like. Links to the slides and minutes are here. Ideas for the next Town Hall include a “Trusted Servants Workshop” for online meeting management, focusing on co-hosting/security/spiritual bouncer role and/or using breakout rooms for fellowship and/or tools for supporting newcomers. Have suggestions for additional topics? We’d love to hear them. Send to: [email protected].
Meetings, Meetings, Meetings…
In-person meetings at Gratitude Center and Dry Dock have resumed (with restrictions). Please visit their websites for in-person meeting specifics. Additionally, Marin’s PI/CPC (Public Information / Cooperation with the Professional Community) have connected with the Marin Department of Health and Human Services regarding the potential for outdoor sites as meeting places. More to come on that.
With this increasing complexity of meeting mediums, our aasfmarin.org website will soon be returning to our former meeting schedule format which has been updated to allow for remote (phone/online) and hybrid meetings. We hope to have it up and running within the next week. Stay tuned for further updates and a Call to Action! Why? In the transition, we may lose some meeting information and we need all hands on deck to help us validate that meeting info is accurate. Please keep an eye out for that communication which will include a link to a new and improved webform for members to use to Register as a Trusted Servant, List a New Meeting, or Update an Existing Meeting. All in the same place! Isn’t that exciting?
Historically, many groups hold elections in June. If you are a new Treasurer or Secretary, please help us out and register as a Trusted Servant as soon as the new form goes live! Along these lines, a gentle reminder to please send in contributions if your term just ended and your group has funds to distribute.
The 45th Annual Western Roundup Living Sober Conference 2020 will be held virtually the weekend of August 21 – August 23 and is FREE to register! This is THE oldest & longest running LGBTQ Alcoholics Anonymous conference with Al-Anon participation in the WORLD. See here for more info.
Service Committee Meetings/Orientations:
- Technology Committee (online) – August 3rd @ 6pm – email [email protected] for an invitation to join the virtual meeting. More info here.
- Intergroup Representative Orientation (online) – August 4th @ 6:30pm – Meeting link here.
- Intergroup Meeting (online) – August 5th @ 7pm – Meeting details here.
- The Point Committee Meeting (online) – August 8th @ 12:30pm – Meeting link here.
- Golden Gate Young People in A.A. (online) – August 9th @ 12pm – Meeting link here.
- SF Public Relations Committee (PI/CPC) (online) – August 10th @ 6:30pm – Meeting info here.
- Marin H&I Orientation (online) – August 11th @ 6:15pm – Meeting link here.
- Business meeting @ 7:15pm – link here.
- SF New GSR Orientation (online) – August 11th @ 6:30pm – Meeting info here.
Business meeting @ 7:30pm – link here.