September Intergroup Meeting Debrief
SF/Marin Intergroup met on September 2nd, 2020. The minutes and presentation slides from that meeting are now available on our website.
Service Opportunities for the Upcoming Week…
- Interested in local A.A.’s stories that share experience, strength, and hope? Of course you are! Join The Point Committee for their business meeting next week. P.S. they just posted their September Issue, see their flyer below for a teaser!
- Are you a young person in A.A.? Or “young at heart”?! GGYPAA wants you to attend their monthly business meeting and kick it with the cool kids.
- Join SF Public Relations (formerly PI/CPC) at their next meeting to learn more about how A.A. interacts with members of the professional community who work with alcoholics and members of the public who are interested in A.A.
- Call to Action! SFPR is seeking experiences to include in their new printed pamphlet directed toward the homeless/un-housed alcoholic. If you or someone you know has a relevant story you feel is appropriate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to share.
HelpChat Needs You!
Our HelpChat Committee is now holding regular orientations and business meetings monthly. Come check out their next business meeting on September 15th, 6-7pm. Orientation for new volunteers (which they need!) is at 5pm.
How HelpChat works:
Visitors to the aasfmarin.org website can click on a blue chat bubble to send a message. A HelpChat volunteer fields that message and responds. These volunteers provide a live chat service for new and existing A.A. members. More volunteers are needed!
Come join HelpChat at the orientation, or pass on the message that they are looking for volunteers. Requires 1-year continuous sobriety, a cell phone and/or computer.
Ring, Ring! The Point is Calling – for Articles!
The Point publishes original articles, interviews, reviews, poems, photos and illustrations from A.A.’s with a local SF Bay Area focus. You can see their current issue posted online or by clicking the flyer above.
Share your story.Write for The Point! You can submit a word doc or even email an audio file to: email@example.com. The next submission deadline (for the October issue) is September 22nd, 2020.
“A.A. Technology Comes of Age” on Sept. 12th, 2020
AA seems to be moving into the technological age at warp speed! What form should we take as we do that? National AA Technology Workshop (NAATW) is meeting to discuss that and more.This virtual gathering will provide a platform for A.A.s to share information and experience on how technology has supported personal recovery, group unity and A.A. service. Stop by to hear about others’ experience with technology over the course of this very unusual year. There will be a number of segments with different topics sure to excite. Click here for more info!
Save these Dates, y’all!
- OLDYPAA’s 3rd Annual Get Together held September 25-27th.
- SF Unity Day held October 10th, 1-3:30p.
- Marin Unity Day held October 17th, 11a-2p.
Stay tuned for details…
Mirror. Absorb. Reflect.
Your IFAA Intergroup | Central Office