The following news was shared at San Francisco and Marin Intergroup’s January 3 meeting, to take back to your group and any other A.A. meetings you attend.
TAKE AWAY MESSAGE
Here is the message to take back to your group and any other A.A. meetings you attend.
- New year, new commitment? Please encourage Secretaries and Treasurers to register with Intergroup as a Trusted Servant to stay informed of A.A. at the local level and serve as a point of contact for your meeting. To get connected email [email protected]
- San Francisco and Marin Intergroup needs Central Office Volunteers to answer the phone lines, greet customers, and assist with special projects. Minimum of 1 year sobriety. For more information about this weekly shift opportunity, please email [email protected].
- PRAASA (the Pacific Region A.A. Service Assembly) is coming to San Francisco March 1-3, 2024. They are expecting 1,500 A.A. members for this conference from all over the U.S. and Canada. Register now at praasa.org. Also, they are looking to fill both individual and group volunteer positions, including airport greeters, registration volunteers, hospitality suite staff and sponsor a group member or newcomer.
Intergroup Service Committee Opportunities
Remember: Anyone can join our service committees; you do not need to be an Intergroup Rep to participate.
- The Tech Committee continues to work on numerous tech projects including the website, assisting Teleservice with the VOIP system and the Airtable database. If you are familiar with Airtable or WordPress, the Tech Committee would especially like your help! Email [email protected] to join and attend the next meeting on January 8 @ 5pm.
- The Communications Committee provides a wide-range of communications support to Intergroup, including The Point and The Buzz. The committee is beginning work on the 2023 annual report. To get involved contact [email protected] and join the next committee meeting on January 8 @ 5:30pm.
- San Francisco Public Relations recently tabled at the Jessie Alley Fair and presented to the chaplains at St. Francis Hospital. They are also continuing their efforts to get A.A. literature into the SF public libraries. To get involved contact [email protected] and join the next committee meeting on January 8 @ 7pm.
- The Teleservice Committee continues to answer the helpline to help the still-suffering alcoholic. The committee is holding elections in February as the commitments are turning over. To get involved, contact [email protected] and join the next committee meeting on January 15. Orientation is @ 6pm followed by the business meeting @ 6:45pm.
- Outreach Committee works to attract more IGRs to Intergroup and in 2023, through the efforts of the Outreach Committee, we gained 17 new IGRs! Please continue to share this brief announcement at any meetings you attend that don’t have an IGR. The Outreach Committee is developing Outreach materials to send to trusted servants in Marin and San Francisco and working on outreach to meetings about increasing IGR participation. To get involved at the committee level, contact [email protected] and join the next meeting on February 7 @ 6pm.
Committee/Entity Liaison Reports
- Marin Accessibilities next meeting is January 8 @ 7pm, and their goal is to raise awareness of possible barriers in accessing the AA message. Their targeted message for January is: raising awareness of barriers in A.A. meetings, such as steps, wheelchair access, and how welcoming are members.
- Marin Fellowship Committee is starting its Step Workshop series this month beginning with Step 1 and they are hosting a Winter Wonder Dance Party on January 20, in Mill Valley. The next meeting is January 8 @ 7pm.
- San Francisco General Service is working to get volunteers for PRAASA 2024 and they are trying to get more GSRs involved at the General Service level. The next meeting is January 9 @7:30pm.
- Marin General Service is in the process of approving the 2024 budget and looking at what to do about excess funds. The next meeting is January 15 @ 7:30pm.
- San Francisco H&I brings A.A. meetings and literature into hospitals and institutions in San Francisco. If your meeting does not have an H&I Rep, please consider adding this important service position. For details, reach out to Thatcher H, the SF H&I liaison at 415-656-5666. The next SF H&I business meeting is January 20 at 10am, followed by orientation at 11am at 2900 24th Street, San Francisco.