The Intercounty Fellowship Board is seeking a Treasurer for a two-year term beginning July 1, 2021. We need help from you and other members of our Fellowship to reach potential candidates no later than May 1, 2021. Please see the Job Description below and make this announcement at all meetings you attend.
Job Description for Treasurer
The Intergroup Treasurer:
- Oversees the application of generally accepted accounting principles for
Intergroup / Central Office
- Serves as Chair of the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements
- Advises the Executive Director on bookkeeping, payroll, tax filings and compliance issues
- Approves bank reconciliations
- Prepares the annual Intergroup budget with the input of the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Updates Statement of Functional Expenses for year-end tax returns
- Assesses internal controls and initiates outside audits as appropriate
- Reports to the Board of Directors on the 4th Monday of each month
- Presents financial reports to Intergroup on the first Wednesday of each month
- Calculates the annual prudent reserve
- As a Board Officer, serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors and oversees/evaluates the performance and compensation of the Executive Director
The Treasurer is an elected officer of the Board and serves as a member of the Board of Directors (and the Executive and Finance sub-committees). Knowledge of QuickBooks Online is beneficial. Experience in financial accounting management of a small business (as an owner or bookkeeper) is recommended. Experience in Non-Profit accounting is best.
The job requires a minimum of 10 hours a month. It is a volunteer position with a two-year term to begin July 1, 2021.
It is not a requirement that the Treasurer be a member of the Fellowship, however, if the applicant is an A.A. member, we suggest that they have two or more years of continuous sobriety.
Interested parties can email a resume and cover letter, by May 1, 2021, to [email protected]