Attention A.A. groups and members:
The Intercounty Fellowship Board is seeking a Treasurer for a two-year term beginning July 1, 2019. We need help from you and other members of our Fellowship to reach potential candidates no later than May 1, 2019. Please see the Job Description below and make this announcement at all meetings you attend.
Job Description for Treasurer
- Oversees the application of generally accepted accounting procedures for Central Office;
- Presents financial reports to Intergroup on the first Wednesday of each month;
- Approves/performs bank reconciliations;
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements;
- Prepares the annual Intergroup budget with the input of the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Updates Statement of Functional Expenses for year-end tax returns;
- Assesses internal controls and initiates outside audits as appropriate;
- Advises the Executive Director on bookkeeping, payroll, tax filings and compliance issues;
- Reports to the Board of Directors on the 4th Monday of each month.
- Calculates the annual prudent reserve.
The Treasurer is an elected, officer of the Board and serves as a member of the Board of Directors. Knowledge of QuickBooks is beneficial. Experience in financial accounting management of a small business (as an owner or bookkeeper) is recommended. Experience in Non-Profit accounting is best.
The job requires a minimum of 10 hours a month. It is a volunteer position with a two-year term to begin July 1, 2019.
It is not a requirement that the Treasurer be a member of the Fellowship, however, if the applicant is an A.A. member we suggest that he or she have two- or more years of continuous sobriety.
Interested parties can email a resume and cover letter, by May 1, 2019, to email@example.com